Friends of Callawassie Island, Inc. seeks to enrich the lives of people living in Beaufort and Jasper Counties by providing financial support to worthy not-for-profit charitable organizations who serve the needs of disadvantaged and/or underserved individuals in these communities.
• Chartered in 2001 and granted Federal tax-exempt status as a qualified 501c3 non-profit organization
• Governed by a Board composed of 12 volunteer Callawassie Island residents who serve up to two consecutive 3 year terms
• Raises funds through annual, biennial and periodic events targeted to the residents of Callawassie Island and surrounding communities, and through corporate/business sponsorships and individual donations
• Awards monetary grants to qualified 501c3 charities and social service organizations who apply for specific projects or programs that will directly improve and/or enrich the lives of the people they serve
• Reviews grant applications and awards grants on a quarterly basis: March, June, September and December
• Awards almost 100% of proceed from fundraisers to worthy charities; Less than 1% of funds raised go to administrative costs
In 2016, FOCI awarded $54, 000 to 22 local charities