AMAZON SMILE – A GREAT WAY TO HELP FOCI
Are You an Amazon Shopper? If so, Amazon has a new program that can help charities of your choice. The program is called Amazon Smile, and for every purchase you make, Amazon will contribute .5% of the purchase to the charity.
Friends of Callawassie Island is an eligible charity through the AmazonSmile program. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Friends of Callawassie Island every time you shop, at no cost to you. Signing up is easy, and all of your Amazon account information remains the same. All you have to do is designate Friends of Callawassie Island as your charity.
To begin, go to www.smile.amazon.com. You will be asked for the name of your charity, enter “Friends of Callawassie Island”. That is all there is to it.
To participate, anytime you make a purchase from Amazon, go to www.smile.amazon.com instead of the usual address of amazon.com. Then any purchases you make will result in a .5% donation to
Friends of Callawassie Island. Tell your friends and make a difference for FOCI !!!
If you still have questions, these links explain all the details about the program.
IMPORTANT – You must use the AmazonSmile web site for your shopping in order for Amazon to make a contribution to FOCI. When you are on
the Amazon Smile web site, you should see a logo similar to this in the upper left hand corner of the page.
Be sure to update your bookmarks for Amazon. The easiest way is to go the Amazon Smile web site as shown above. Then create a new favorite or bookmark. Delete your existing bookmark. If you want to edit your existing bookmark, here’s how:
For Windows Internet Explorer:
1. Click on Favorites in the Menu
2. Click on Organize Favorites
3. Click on your Amazon Favorite (Note this often in Favorites Folder, with a Shop Amazon Favorite included”
4. Right Click on your Favorite and select Properties
5. In the URL box, add the word “Smile” separated by a period right before the word “Amazon”
For Google Chrome:
1.Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
3.Select Bookmark manager.
4.Right Click (Control Click on Mac) your Amazon Bookmark
5. Edit the URL by adding the word “Smile” separated by a period right before the word “Amazon”
For Apple Safari:
1. In the Menu, Select Bookmarks, then select Edit Bookmarks
2. in the Bookmark Editor window, Control Click on your Amazon bookmark, and select Edit Address
3. Change the URL address by adding the word “Smile” separated by a period before the word Amazon.